Using Web Processing Services in the OGC's testbed: OWS-7
LISAsoft, in conjunction with Landgate, Landcare Research and CSIRO, recently deployed and extended a Web Processing Service client as part of the OGC's OWS-7 standards development testbed. A Web Processing Service (WPS) provides a standard interface for applying spatial algorithms.It is particularly useful for:
- Reducing complexity in data processing by providing plug & play algorithms.
- Enabling processes to be chained together.
- Enabling processing to be deployed once then used everywhere.
- Streamlined maintenance. Processes/models are maintained in a central place by the entities who created them.
- Taking advantage of high-speed computational capabilities on a central server.
- Easy and interoperable access to highly complex processes, such as climate change models.
The following 3 minute video provides a demonstration of the WPS client we developed being used with the OWS-7 scenario.